|Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 17:56: |
How do we in a treatment know that a diagnosis is right, and the point is right, and the needle is placed right to. There is a way where you will get a feed back when you hit the right point. This feed back system is based on The Abdominal Diagnosis.
Abdominal Diagnosis has been used for a long time in Traditional Medicine in China as well as in Japan.
The abdomen presents definite diagnostic areas or zones representing the internal organs. The zones are functional and most are not in anatomically related to the position of the organ.
There are 12 test zones in the abdominal region, one for each of the organ:
Heart, Pericardium, Stomach, Lung, Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen, Triple Heater, Large intestine, Small intestine, Bladder, Kidney.
The test zones of the abdomen are all quite large and well defined. They are easily identified in the presence of disease, dysfunction or imbalances.
You will find the position of the zones in this position:
• The Heart zone lies 1 to 2 cm below the sternum
• The Pericardium zone is 1 to 2 cm below the Heart zone
• The Stomach zone is 6 to 7 cm above the umbilicus
• The Lung zone, situated on the patient’s right, halfway along a 45-degree line between the umbilicus and the costal margin
• The liver zone is on the patient’s left side exactly opposite the Lung zone
• The Gallbladder zone can be found under the right costal margin
• The Spleen zone can be found under the left costal margin
• The Triple Heater zone is 2 to 3 cm below the umbilicus
• The Large Intestine zone is located on a 45-degree line below and to the left of the umbilicus
• The Small Intestine zone is located on a 45-degree line below and to the right side of the umbilicus
• The Bladder zone is situated above the pelvic bone on the midline of the body
• The Kidney zone are present bilaterally above the pelvic bone
If there is tenderness on abdominal diagnosis in one or more zones you can palpate the vessel for that or those organs witch is tender. It could be a person with a tender shoulder, and you find tenderness on the Large Intestine zone on the abdomen, it could be Li 4 Hegu witch is the tenderest point on the vessel. Now you check out when you press on Hegu that the tenderness on the abdomen zone for Large Intestine is gone or less tender. After needling the point, the tenderness of the diagnostic zone should be neutralized. The size of the point is about 1/10 of a millimetre, so you have to be precise when you put the needle in the point. Often that one needle is enough for the treatment.
When you use this system, you will be surprised on the information’s you get and the results it gives.
|Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 04:34: |
Please, correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of what you just said:
1. we have to find a tender spot/spots on the abdomen and determine the organ that it corresponds to.
2. Then we palpate along the channel that corresponds to that organ and try to find an acu-point that release tenderness in the abdomen.
3. Then we use a needle at that point.
How long should we keep a needle in (usual 15-30 min)? Do you suggest any needle manipulation for that?
|Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 11:26: |
3: yes - and to control the right podition of the point I often locate the point by pressing my nail on the point so it left a mark on the skin. Along this line you will find the right plase for the needle.
Usualy I do not manipulate the needle. But if there is more than one organ that respond I figure out how the conection is between those organs. I normaly keep the needle in for 20-40 min.
|Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 13:05: |
I use Kinesiology as a way of unblocking stagnant chi - tender spots. One of the methods I use is running the meridion/s that correspond to the area of concern. I am particularly interested in your method Per but just need to clarify my interpretation - tender spots felt along the meridion should ultimately accumulate in the abdomen so by palpating the abdomen first will inform me the meridion that requires unblocking.